Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Rain in Spain

falls mainly in Madrid? A gorgeous thunderstorm quickly overtook the city which made the temperature in the lovely 80s. (The previous day it had been 105 degrees F at 7PM.) The Prado is free on Sundays so I saw some intense pieces by El Greco, Goya, Raphael and many others. I was very excited to get in for free too. The storm cleared up a bit and the roommates in the hostel gave information about a free symphony in Mayor Plaza. It was one of the most unforgettable experiences I've had this trip. I'll post more info about it later, but it was a magnificent symphony in an open air theater where people paid for seats in a reserved area but hundreds of others stood around outside that area for a fantastic free show. And then it began to rain again. Thunder and lightning highlighted the already dramatic Beethoven and Tchaikovsky pieces. It was a magnificent way to end the time in Spain.

I'm currently in Kent, Britain which is just outside London. It's lovely to be able to be in an english-speaking country again. I'm excited to be here and I'll tell you all about it later.

No comments: