Monday, July 2, 2007

The River

Greetings from the Colorado River! I spent the last week on the river near Parker, AZ with an awesome group of 30+ friends and family friends. Here I am showing off my muscles while waterskiing:
Now this semiannual river trip is some serious business. Did I say, 'business'? I meant party. I think this year might have been the biggest party yet. The 120+ degree heat didn't slow us down too much. The days were filled with boat rides, Sea-doos, inner tubes, singing, ping pong, frisbee, too much food, drink and sun. Here's Chloe and me about to go out on Uncle Todd's Sea-doo.
And here I am about to get some serious air.
I think the highlight of the trip for me was the impromptu jam session put on by Keith and Terry. Keith was playing a 12 string guitar for the first time and Terry plays the fiddle in John Spear's band.
You can see part of the crowd that gathered around in the background. The crowd just grew and grew! It became quite a concert.
If I can figure out how to add video, then I'll put up a short clip of the music they played. They did an amazing cover of The Pixies 'Where is my mind,' but I didn't video that unfortunately.

It was a superb trip. Thanks Pat for putting it all together!

No comments: