Friday, September 5, 2008

The Castle



OK, I stole this photo from facebook and added it here. This is where I live. My window is the 3rd floor all the way on the right.

Hallo! Last night I had a lovely evening with Dierk & Nadia, where Nadia prayed the best prayer for me have ever received, and then I had a wonderful bath, and a deep sleep. Today, Dierk drove me all the way to Herrnhut and to "The Castle" which is Wassershloss (translated to water castle). There are mosquitos. I have five female roommates and a closet. That´s a HUGE improvement from how I lived on the Lynx. I get 3 small drawers. I´ll send photos at some point but my laptop does not have a 2 prong power cord so Iäm unable to charge it atm. I may not be able to charge it period so that means no photos for ya´ll at home till I´m back in the USA.

What I know of the program so far: there are 36 girls and 5 guys in the photography program. Next month, there will be 43 more students coming for the regular DTS program. The guys do not live at the castle. The live on the side of the castle. I´m one of the oldest in the program, but there is another 25 year old who is one of my roommates. Another one of our roommates is going to be 18 next week. She was homeschooled and you can tell. Most of the students are from USA and Canada, but I am already practicing much german in town where no one speaks english. Dierk also MADE ME ask a shop clerk in german for a bag for our groceries. This was before my brain was working - less than 3 hours after he picked me up at the airport. But it was super good for me.

And from what I`ve seen so far, I have brought less stuff than most people and I´ve packed better. So that makes me feel pretty good considering I felt like I brought too much stuff.

I love you all! Thanks for checking my blog. I especially love Chris. AWWWWWW!

5 comments:

mamajo said...

Hey babe! Way to go. I am so excited 4 u. Hope to come c your castle in person. Hope u will be able to post pics but if not, will look 4ward to seeing them when u get back. love & miss you (& since I am the first to comment, it's rather obvious that I love you the most even if you do love chris more - which is probably a good thing (*_*)!!!) ~auntie

Bryn said...

YAY Auntie! You will love Herrnhut. And you will especially love the Castle. It´s a kilometer or two from town surrounded by forest! I went running around the forest this morning and it takes maybe 30 minutes to see the whole town. I get weekends off so I will go visit Dierk und Nadia and post photos from their beautiful home sometime in the near future. At least by thanksgiving. How is dance class going?

mamajo said...

What a beautiful castle! I'm jealous. I really miss Germany. I so have to make it happen to come see you. That's cool you get weekends off. Can you take the train to Dresden? So dance class... I really do suck. But it was fun. Uncle had a blast. He was adorable (*_*). T & J had fun too. So we'll all have to go dancing when we visit you in Deutchland - hahaha! Love u babe!

gramma said...

hi i love you

Bryn said...

Hi I love you too gramma and family. I´m sure you don´t really suck at dancing auntie... you´re way too charismatic to be a sucky dancer. Uncle is going to be an amazing dancer. I was impressed by him after your first class since he was already telling me what I was doing wrong when I danced with Travy (I think you were in bed).