Monday, September 29, 2008

A good week

Hello again, dear readers.

This week I had my first night time Ultimate Frisbee game thanks to my amazing boyfriend, Chris Bishop, who sent me three pounds of glowsticks in the mail (You need glow-necklaces and bracelets so you can see the other players at night). It went really well. There were 15 people that came and everyone had a good time.

Thursday was also interesting because a tree fell over right as we were quitting work duties.



We still need to finish cleaning that up. It rotted from the inside.

Thursday we also got our first major assigment: 3 perfect portraits. At first, Jan, the main photographer guy training us, told us it was due Monday. That was totally unrealistic since 20 people were going to be on a field trip to Cologne this past weekend and wouldn't have time. So they gave us Monday off too and it's now due Wednesday morning, but it's been a little stressful with too many people in the darkroom and not enough time/space/training.

But it's fun and I learned a lot. My roommate Mindy asked me to be a model for her and this is the photo she took:




I really like it. Also, I made a new pinhole camera, but I haven't gotten any good shots out of it yet.

Alrighty, the regular DTS students come by the end of the week and our school is short 25 beds. So if you want to pray for that, please do. Mom, I'm praying that you get your passport and that you are working on your house and not doing so many errands all the time. Everyone reading this should pray for my mom too. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you. How fun to play night frisbee in Deutchland! Nice photo of the fallen tree too.
Yup, we had an Explorer. It was the white suv we had in MO. It's so weird to be getting it back, but I'm happy about it.
Miss you tons but we are so excited for you and all God is doing. What an amazing experience you're having. Okay sweetie, love you tons and thanks for the updates ~ Auntie