Sunday, September 14, 2008

Why I'm Here

Hello people,

I'm taking this time to grow closer to God. These next four months are going to be a lot more difficult than I expected because I will be really looking at myself and how I'm living my life and already I'm seeing everything differently. I have not lived up to even my own expectations. I have a lot to work on and to work through. So I'm asking for your prayers that those I've hurt can forgive me. And I just need prayers that I do the right things always from now on. Yeah, it's difficult.

I like my roommates, I like everyone here, and I'm so happy to be in this atmosphere where I can confront my own behavior and actions and I can move on from here... wherever that leads me.

Today we learned about camera aperture. The larger the aperature, the more light can get into the camera. And it reminded me of my life. Just like me, the more I open up, the more God´s light can come into my life. So maybe I´ve got some crap blocking the light from getting through. I just have to unblock that crap and get it out of my life permanently. I can´t bury it deeper or try to hide it. It has to be taken out so the light of Jesus can shine in and through me so God can use me as the person He wants me to be.

So this week I will be learning more about photography, grace, and prayer. Thanks for reading.